Fix It: PoGo Plus Disconnects When Phone Locks!
With the newest feature of pokemon go finally released it seems there are a few who are having a bit of a problem when it comes to actually using the new device. The Pokemon Go plus is suppose to be able to work with the game while the Screen is either off or the app is running within the background. Well it seems for a few that this is not the case. Switching to a new app or locking the phone seems to disconnect the Go Plus untill the game is on screen once again.
Well there is a fix for this, hopefully it works for you. On Android some phones, mainly Samsung restrict background apps in order to save battery and data. Doing this messes with the Go Plus. Turning this off will allow a consistent connection between the game and the device. I have tested this myself and it works.
Some phones are different but most should hopefully work the same.
- Turn off battery saver mode or any app that does anything similar.
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Data usage / Cellular data usage.
- Find Settings or More.
- Click Restrict Background Data.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or cellular capable iPad.
- Tap on Cellular.
- Scroll down and under the Use Cellular Data For section, turn Off apps that you don’t want to have access to cellular data.
- 4. Make sure Pokemon Go is not selected.